Friday, October 28, 2011

A life you'll learn to love

Dearest Little One,

It's around 1 a.m on the morning of October 28th, and you've been helping me get through yet another boring day. It's one of those nights where your daddy is gone and the days and the nights seem to drag on and on...but with you to keep me busy, things are going just a little bit smoother.

I hope you can learn to love the life we live, little one. The Army is difficult, I'll never argue that...but it offers us so many wonderful things that otherwise, we may never have. And your daddy works so hard to give us everything we need...and you'll see very soon that he does an absolutely amazing job.

One day you'll understand, my love One day, you'll look by the door, notice your daddy's combat boots, and realize that the picture you're seeing is the most beautiful image to have ever existed. The phrase "I'm home" will become music to your ears, and you will never under appreciate the value of each moment your father spends at home. Some days, little one, it will feel unfair, lonely, confusing, and complex, but I assure you that what your daddy does makes the world a safer place. He is our hero....but by the time you read this letter, that is something you will already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment